Social media isn’t a fad, it’s a fundamental shift in the way we communicate. But, many artists still are intimidated at the idea of joining in on the Social Media Revolution. In fact, there are many artists out there who still don’t have a website or email! Well if it’s working, more power to them! But for the rest of us artists who are challenged by the economy, it is time for us to ‘think outside the frame’ or studio! Here’s why…
- Keep Your Finger on the Pulse:
- Remember, artists are the movers and shakers of the world. We need to stay informed and on the cutting edge.
- We should be aware of new trends in design, decorating, fashion and technology and how it influences your art and sales.
- Even if you are a traditional artist, like me!
- In this challenging economy, being a successful artist not only consists of creating great art, but it is also about creating a strong business.
- Build Your Brand:
- Using Social Media is the quickest way to build brand recognition for you and your art business.
- Solid brand identity differentiates you from the pack.
- A strong brand is invaluable and serves to communicate credibility to your prospective customers and business associates.
- “Americans are eager to deepen their brand relationships through social media,” said Mike Hollywood, director of new media at Cone. “It isn’t an intrusion into their lives, but rather a welcome channel for discussion.”
- If you don’t have a website you are invisible. Not just hard to contact, invisible. A website is a must, a blog even better.
- Social media is already changing the rules of the marketplace.
- Americans feel different about a brand that they can interact it with via social media. 56% said yes that they feel a stronger connection with a company they can interact with via social networks and 57% say that they feel better served.
- American’s don’t want sales pitches on social networks, but they do want to interact with their favorite brands. They will become a more loyal consumer if they can interact.
- That said, I have sold art off of my website and Twitter.
- Being an artist is solitary occupation, but with social networking, you’re not alone!
- Reach beyond your niche and attract new customers.
- Get instant feedback on your latest painting or blog post.
- Ask for a critique on your art.
- Learn from other artists and business leaders.
- Gain inspiration from others.
- Become more business savvy.
- You Don’t Want to be a Dinosaur:
- It is clear that those who do not join in will go the way of print media.
- You have to jump in even if you don’t yet understand it.
- You’re a rebel and don’t want to ‘go with the flow’??? Well, just like with art – First, learn the rules & then you can break them…
- Yes, there will be another ‘new thing’ someday. But for the foreseeable future, this is the world so it’s best to learn how to live in it!
…and if you’re still not convinced, WATCH THIS: SOCIAL MEDIA REVOLUTION (with over 1,200,000 views!)
A few amazing stats from the video:
Let me know your thoughts on this topic….:)
Below are some other interesting articles: