Twitter is a treasure trove filled with a bounty of knowledge from any niche including art – you just need to know where to find it and start digging!
I sent out a ‘tweet’ to some of the most respected art business stars on Twitter. This is what I asked, “will u share an art biz tip in 140 characters 4 an upcoming twitter art star post. u can add a link if u want & i’ll link 2 u”
- I got a great response from the art business pros on Twitter, and more keep coming in…(so stay tuned!)
- Below, in the order that I received them, you will find their top business tips within ‘140 characters or less’ for any creative person.
- Be sure and check out their links, websites and consider following them on Twitter. Like I said above, there is a treasure trove of information to be discovered…enjoy.
Top Art Business Tips from the Pros on Twitter:
@ArtMktgMentor Art Mktg = series conversation btw you + your art + your audience. Purpose = credibility, visibility, desirability. http://bit.ly/feGRb
- Name: Aletta de Wal
- Location: Northern California
- Web: http://www.artist…
- Bio: TeleClasses, on-line programs, personal coaching for emerging, mid-career, established artists to master art marketing to build better art business and life.
- Name: Clint Watson
- Location: San Antonio, Texas
- Web: http://clintavo.com
- Bio Former art gallery owner, Software Craftsman and Art Fanatic – web apps and marketing ideas for artists
@AnnieStrack Always write your estimates! If u tell your clients your price range, they will only hear largest sizes & smallest prices.
- Name: Annie Strack art
- Location: Louisiana & Philadelphia
- Web: http://www.AnnieS…
- Bio: Professional Maritime Artist, Writer for Art Calendar Magazine, Artist Workshops Instructor, Official Authorized USCG Artist, Author and Art Business Consultant
@art2dot0 TIP Complete your product portofolio with fine art giclee prints It will drive new revenue streams and increase circulation of your artwork.
- Name: Jean-Gérard Anfossi
- Location: France
- Web: http://art2dot0.com
- Bio: Manager of Repro-tableaux.com and Art-Prints-On-Demand.com. And author of the blog Art2dot0.com – Art 2.0, art marketing & reproductions.
- Name: Tara Reed
- Location: Portland, Oregon
- Web: http://www.artlic…
- Bio: Licensed Artist, Coach, Speaker, Author, Illustrator
- Name: Maria Brophy
- Location: Southern California USA
- Web: http://mariabroph…
- Bio: Blogger, Manager of Artist Drew Brophy, Art marketing Queen & Artist Consultant, World Traveler and practicing yogi.
- Name: Alyson B. Stanfield
- Location: Denver, CO
- Web: http://www.artbiz…
- Bio: Delivering astonishing art careers since 2002. Author of I’d Rather Be in the Studio!
- Name: Carolyn Edlund
- Location; Maryland, USA
- Web: http://www.artsys…
- Bio: Blogger and author of ArtsyShark – a site for emerging artists.
@artmarketplan For social media & art websites fill out fully the profile section with profile image & always have an active link to your business website
- Name: John Math of artmarketingstrategy
- Location: Jupiter, FL
- Web: http://www.artmar…
- Bio: Helping Artists to Successfully Market Themselves & Their Artwork
- Name: SianLindemann
- Location: The World
- Web: http://SianDesign…
- Bio: Sian Lindemann is an award winning artist and designer…and with 30 years in Artist Management, she has discovered artists and has made their artwork known.
- Name: Nicolette Tallmadge
- Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
- Web: http://www.crafte…
- Bio: I’m a handmade jeweler and run a blog about internet marketing for artists and crafters
- Name: Lori Woodward
- Location: New Hampshire
- Web: http://www.loriwo…
- Bio: Arts writer/ painter
@barneydavey SEO tips: Use keywords in the title of your website pages, put the most important keywords at the start of the title.
- Name: Barney Davey
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
- Web: http://www.artpri…
- Bio: Art marketing mind plays well with visual artists, photographer, designer, gallery and creative arts business types. Entrepreneur blogger digging social media.
…and I guess I will throw my hat in the ring!
- Name: Lori McNee
- Location: central mountains, idaho
- Web: http://FineArtTip…
- Bio: artist/blogger,#arttip, social media, poetic painter,quote junkie, novice photog, friend to birds & animals, busy mom living a healthy mountain life!
Thanks to all my Twitter friends who shared their art business knowledge with my readers and me! I really appreciate it. More interesting Twitter and Facebook inspired posts will be coming your way soon… ~Lori
If you found this article interesting, you might want to peek at: