No products in the cart.
My friends at Meylah.com have shared many popular guest articles on the business of art, blogging and selling your artwork. I hope you enjoy this savvy little post.
5 Tips for Selling Your Artwork
Guest author: Courtney Dirks of Meylah
Making the decision to sell your artwork is part of the natural progression of shifting from just a painter to a committed artist and savvy business owner. Getting started can be tough so here are 5 sales tips for you to mull over, whether you’re just starting out or if you’ve been selling your artwork for ages:
1. When it comes to selling online, if you have products that you haven’t listed yet, post them soon!
- You’re only half way there when a product is created; the 2nd half is getting the product in front of the customers’ eyes.
2. Block out the day before you have any big engagements (shows, speaking events, etc.) to take rest and wrap up odds and ends so you have energy left to get through the event.
3. Put some thought into the way you organize your products at shows, events, or in retail settings.
- When your items are grouped in a complimentary manner, it helps to tell a story of what you’ve created and will likely result in increased sales!
4. Make sure to jot down notes immediately after any events where your business is being showcased to capture your thoughts on what worked well and what you’d like to adjust for similar engagements in the future.
5. Don’t give up! If you aren’t making many sales, don’t let it get you down.
- Analyze what you can do to drive additional sales and focus you’re efforts on making the changes you need to drive results.
What words of wisdom do you have for selling your work and staying positive?
***Meylah provides artists, crafters, photographers and other artisans with their own online store and powerful tools so they can sell their products anytime, anyplace…easily. If you are looking for a way to sell your art online, I hope you check them out! ~Lori
If you enjoyed this article, you might like these: