Last year, I experienced a fabulous Wilbury Tours workshop in Wanaka, New Zealand. Now, I am thrilled to announce I am returning to conduct my own plein air painting workshop, February 28 – March 8, 2021!
Please consider joining my friends at Wilbury Tours, and me, on a trip of a lifetime in the South Island of New Zealand. We will be painting and exploring the stunningly beautiful Southern Lakes region of New Zealand.
Penny Willocks, Founder of Wilbury Tours, specializes in luxury plein air painting holidays. Penny’s attention to detail is second to none. A native New Zealander, Penny’s expertise in tour direction coupled with the knowledge of her country ensure a stellar experience.
New Zealand is one of my favorite places on earth! The people are so friendly, the culture and history is rich and intriguing, the food is excellent, the countryside is stunning, and the mountains views are epic!
*Open to ALL levels from beginner to professional. Traditional oils, water-mixable oils, acrylic, gouache and watercolor are welcome. I will be painting and teaching with solvent-free oils.
This is truly an amazing experience you won’t want to miss. Come along with us for 9 days of painting and exploring the beautiful Southern Lakes region of New Zealand. The weather is generally pleasant in Wanaka during autumn in February and March with average temperatures ranging between 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77°F).
Email Penny to sign up > [email protected]
We will be staying for 8 nights in Wanaka, it is from here that we will go on our daily outings to specifically selected painting sites that will satisfy your painting needs.
Whether it be quaint architecture, breathtaking landscapes, neatly planted vineyards, or striking mountains, you will not be disappointed.
Each day we will paint while taking advantage of the beautiful landscapes, arts, food, wine, culture and activities in the beautiful Southern Lakes region.
There will also be some free time for hiking, exploring, resting or shopping!
Some highlights of your time with Wilbury Tours and me will include:
- Lovely Lakefront Accommodation, with painting views from the breakfast table.
- Queenstown, with its towering mountains above the lake, it is a spectacular sight to spend a day or two
- The Crown Range, showcasing stunning views of the region
- Vineyards, Central Otago is well-known for its Pinot Noir
- Secluded bays with magical mountain landscapes surrounding them
Your Package Includes:
- 8 nights accommodation (double occupancy*)
- Daily continental breakfast
- 6 lunches or dinners at various restaurants in the region
- Painting instruction by Lori McNee
- Pick-up and drop-off from Queenstown Airport
- Daily transportation to painting locations (except on the scheduled day off)
- Local tour guide
Does NOT include:
- Airfare to and from Queenstown
- Travel Insurance
- All other meals not mentioned above
Price: $3600USD per person
*Please note: Double occupancy includes a spacious two-bedroomed apartment, with living, kitchenette and dining area and twin beds in each of the two bedrooms. Double occupancy will be two people per bedroom.
To reserve your place on this small group workshop, or to find out more information, please email Penny on [email protected]