THIS CAMPAIGN HAS ENDED. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT.
In an effort to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy, my month-long personal 30 Day Plein Air Painting Challenge on Facebook has evolved into a campaign for a good cause.
Since the beginning of October, each day my three dogs and I have ventured off into the Idaho mountains in search of the perfect plein air painting location. The weather has turned from warm, autumn days to freezing January-like winter weather. There were days when I wanted to quit! At times, my fingers became so numb from the below-freezing weather, I had a difficult time painting.
My thoughts would turn to the Hurricane Sandy victims who were (and still are) suffering without electricity, plumbing, warm clothing, food, and the creature comforts of home. Because of this, I have decided to donate proceeds from the sale of each of my paintings to the American Red Cross/Hurricane Sandy.
Here’s how Lori’s Paintings for Hurricane Sandy Relief campaign works:
- For the next three weeks I will be posting the paintings in the order in which they were created.
- Below you will see the first 10 paintings that were painted in October.
- I will post the next 20 paintings over the next 2 weeks.
- All these little gems are original oil paintings, 5×7 inches, painted and signed by Lori McNee artist, and unframed.
- All paintings are $150.00. (This is a rare opportunity to purchase one of my paintings at this price. In galleries my 5×7 paintings sell for $450.00-$500.00)
- I pledge to donate $20 for each painting that is sold to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy victims.
- Free shipping & handling within the USA & Canada. (International prices to be determined via USPS Price Calculator)
- Please contact me, Lori, with any questions - email@example.com
- If you would like to see a larger image of the painting
- Special shipping instructions
- International shipping quote
- Handwritten personal note to someone special
- If you would like to see an accompanying photo of me painting in the field
*Plein air painting is a French expression which means “in the open air”, and is particularly used to describe the artistic discipline of painting outdoors. This artform is highly collectible as it captures a moment in paint.
Artist’s Note: *Over the years, I’ve had many requests to sell my art online. Out of respect for my business relationships with my galleries, I have been hesitant to do this. However from this point forward, I will not be selling 5×7 sized paintings through my galleries. This way, I am not competing with my art galleries, and I have made a collectible entry level product available to my readers and following.
I hope you enjoy my Plein Air Paintings for Hurricane Sandy Relief: Remember…all paintings are $150 a piece, and FREE shipping within the USA & Canada.