No products in the cart.
With the popularity of the new guest article I wrote, Top 10 Ways to Improve Your Twitter Image & Following for The Top 10 Blog, (it’s even been re-published on the popular blog, HolyKaw.Alltop.com) I thought I better share it with my own readers!
In the article below, see if you are putting your best tweet forward. Do you measure up to these 10 tips for brushing up your Twitter image and following?
Top 10 Ways to Improve Your Twitter Image & Following
Twitter is the fastest way to develop your brand identity and professional image. We have all heard, not to ‘judge a book by its cover’, but on Twitter ‘ your cover, aka profile, IS judged – and very quickly!
This is why it is important to understand how to make your Twitter page interesting and eye catching.
1. Your Twitter Name
- This little trick really worked for me. Your name is the first thing that people will see on Twitter. Use the name you want to represent your brand.
- For example: When I first started on Twitter I used @lorimcnee, but quickly changed my name to @lorimcneeartist and gained more loyal followers rapidly. It is easier for people to associate me as an artist this way. Also, when people search ‘artist’, my name appears.
2. Profile Picture/Avatar
- Recent studies found that your profile picture is more than just a pretty face.
- Two separate studies concluded that one’s avatar affects how a message is received, and also how individuals interpret it.
- The higher the friendliness and attractiveness of the avatar, the more intimate people are willing to be with strangers.
- It is not a rule, but I suggest using an image of yourself rather than a business logo.
- The profile is your big branding opportunity to make your unique mark. This is your virtual personality!
- Choose your profile words wisely. This is a great opportunity to brand yourself and/or your business. These few words will say a lot to the world about who and what you are.
- Make it ‘catchy’, this description helps people immediately make the choice to follow you or not.
- Also acustom page is a good way to grab attention.
- Here’s a tip: Once you have chosen your Twitter name and your profile page is complete, add yourself to the free Twitter Directory, WeFollow. This way, you can track your ranking, status and influence on Twitter. I am ranked as one of the most influential people within my niche because I registered.
To read 7 other great tips, please see the full story at: The Top 10 Blog
Some other related posts: