Plum TV Presents, “A Day in the Life of Artist Lori McNee”

Last week, Plum TV visited my studio and followed me around while filming,A Day in the Life of Artist Lori McNee”. This short 4 min video starts in my Idaho studio and journeys into the field for some plein air painting and a few interesting wildlife encounters!

Please click the below link to view the video. I hope you enjoy this little view into my world…

P.S. This whole experience has been made possible by my presence on Social Media, including Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. (< click on the links to meet me there!) Since the interview, I have also been hosting for the Plum TV network and will be blogging for their website!

Thanks Social Media – I love you!

You might like to learn more about Social Media:

Is the Social Media Bandwagon Right for You?

How to Sell Art on Facebook – One Artist’s Way

How Artists Can Use YouTube to Improve Marketing

5 Reasons Why Artists Need Social Media & Eye Opening Stats to Back it Up!

1. Greta June 4, 2010 at 11:03 pm

Looked good Lori. Unfortunately I had no audio so I couldn’t hear what you were saying. But congratulations and keep up the good work.

• Lori McNee June 5, 2010 at 5:06 am

Hi Greta, thanks for sticking with the video with no audio – that’s too bad. Did you check the volume controller? You probably did, but just a thought. Thanks for the comment.

2. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by, Tom Biondo. Tom Biondo said: RT @lorimcneeartist: Plum TV Presents, & A Day in the Life of Artist Lori McNee" http://bit.ly/9kOEoj #art […]

• Lori McNee June 5, 2010 at 5:04 am

Hi Tom. Thanks for RTing the Plum video on Twitter!

3. Jennifer Bellinger June 5, 2010 at 2:48 am

I loved the Plum TV interview. You are so relaxed and welcoming! God only knows how the moose showed up at the right moment. Thanks for the advice about bear spray..I am always looking over my shoulder when out painting..that feeling of being watched!

• Lori McNee June 5, 2010 at 5:04 am

Hey Jennifer, it’s great to see you on my site! Thanks for the comment. Yes, that moose stole the show & made it for sure! And the bear spray is a good thing to have nearby when you are out in the field and it works well on people too – lol!
      Let’s go out and paint sometime. 🙂

4. Greta June 5, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Got audio and even more pleased! Great job Lori.

• Lori McNee June 6, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Greta, so glad you got your audio working. Thanks again for saying hi!

5. Yan Susanto June 6, 2010 at 11:24 am

You’re a such a great artist. I think you deserve more than just a 4-min video. Keep the great (art)work, Lori. Life is wonderful when you’re able to create a business out of your passion, isn’t it?

Yan

• Lori McNee June 6, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Yan, thanks for stopping by for a visit and commenting! We are both lucky to be doing what we love. I really enjoy your blog and find many articles helpful. Would love you to share a blog tip with my readers!

6. Todd Ridge June 8, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Congrats on the video! You did a great job!!!

• Lori McNee June 9, 2010 at 2:02 am

Hey Todd! Thanks for taking to watch the video. This opportunity has been made possible because of Social Media – amazing. Hope you are doing well. Keep in touch 🙂

• Lori McNee June 10, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Hi Todd-

It’s great to see you here commenting. Thanks for taking time to watch the video. The wild animals sure stole the show!
      Best – Lori

7. Robyn June 16, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Bliss! This is the way videos should be. This lovely video is welcoming, informative, and honest. It does take a life time to make a painting. Thanks for sharing!

• Lori McNee June 18, 2010 at 8:45 am

Hi Robyn, thanks for the kind words. That was a fun day filming and we really got luck when the wild animals were camera ready! Thanks for the visit and the comment.

8. Wayne Tully June 20, 2010 at 8:04 am

What a great little insight into an artists way of life and it must be fantastic to live were all that nature and mountain stuff is so readily available to select images for new paintings.

Cheers Lori, now I will check out some of your other posts too.

Thanks!

• Lori McNee June 20, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Thanks Wayne for the very nice comment. Yes, I am very fortunate to live in this beautiful place. It was a great day painting and those animals just made the video even better! Thanks for the visit. I hope you enjoyed your stay.

9. Dale Cook January 8, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Lori – I throughly enjoyed the video clip. You seem like such a positive person. Great tips – I had considered buying the viewcatcher but thought it may not be worth the money – I see now it would be.

By the way – I am petrified of bears and in New Brunswick Canada we have a fair amount – not dangerous but I am still very uncomfortable in the woods by myself. I admire your courage.

I will continue to watch your blog with interest – and consider a trip to see the Fundy Trail in this area sometime.

Dale

• Lori McNee January 14, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Oh thank you Dale. It was a lot of fun to make that video. What a day! Those animals were the stars of the show…

Thanks again for taking time out of your busy day to read and comment on this blog. I really do appreciate your support Dale.

Best, Lori