I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has. – Epictetus
Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. – Marcel Proust
God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say “thank you?”
~William A. Ward
Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone.
The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you.
~John E. Southard
Gratitude is the best attitude.
We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.
When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep?
Saying thank you is more than good manners. It is good spirituality.
When eating bamboo sprouts, remember the man who planted them.
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.
~William Arthur Ward
When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.
Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others. ~Cicero
The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving.
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
~John F Kennedy
Don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.
If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, “thank you,” that would suffice.
There is as much greatness of mind in acknowledging a good turn, as in doing it.
…and I want to take a moment to express my gratitude!
- Thank you to my three beautiful children who have brought endless joy, growth and happiness into my life.
- Thank you to my parents who have taught me the meaning of unconditional love.
- Thank you to my sister, brother and their spouses for always being there and allowing me to be myself.
- Thank you to my extended family & friends for your support and love – you know who you are!
- Thank you to my fellow artists & photographers for surrounding my life with beauty, magic and inspiration.
- Thank you to my business colleagues who believe in and support my artistic endeavors.
- Thank you to my 3 dogs and 1 cat that never allow me to be lonely.
- Thank you to my readers who enjoy this blog, my art and musings.
- Thank you to my social media friends! You are real friends to me and I truly appreciate you!
- Thank you to “The Arts” in all its expressions for bringing unity and civility into our chaotic and divided world.
- Thank you to God for challenging me, loving me, guiding me, never forsaking me and giving me the gift of being an artist!